2nd white screen freeze in about a week with 2g touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Dec 21, 2008.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Hello, once again while trying to sync my ipod touch gave me the white screen and froze where I had to completely turn it off to gain any kind of response. Once turned on again, seemed fine. I was trying to sync some video that I thought was compatible with ipod and was not. I did not disconnect until it gave me the ok. Did reconnect to try again and tried to turn it off once it was finished completely and it gave me the white screen where I had to turn it back on/or off to gain any type off response. Did I cause the white screen with a mistake that I made or should I have Best Buy look at it where I have the warranty? Our Best Buy is far away. If I call Apple will they assist me at all or will it be a no go since I have a warranty with Best Buy?

I'm trying me hardest to use my investment properly, I apologize if I'm doing something incorrectly.

2. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Have you tried restoring it?

3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

No I haven't that would delete everything and I would have to update again right?

4. Slowstick macrumors 6502

If you have a backup, you should be fine. But yes, you would have to update your firmware, but that isn't hard nor should cause you any problems.

Hope that helps!!!