2ng gen ipod touch problems,generating extreme heat and not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sully070, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sully070 macrumors newbie

:confused::confused:so, i turned my ipod touch 2nd gen 8gb on last night and it was fine for around 10 minuits then the creen went white and a couple minuits later it went black , then i noticed that the botton of the ipod where the home button is it was extremely hot too hot to touch and it stayed that way for around 15 minuits just getting hotter and hotter , i smelt the usb hole and it stunk of burning smell, now the ipod does not work at all
    any help would be greatly appreciated

the ipod was extremely hot i had to put a little water on it to cool it down i thought it was going to set on fire :confused::eek:

2. celticpride678

Most likely some type of water damage or short circuit.

3. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

That water might cause even more damage. I would take it in to an Apple store and have them take a look at it. If you have a locally own apple authorized store take it in there too. My screen cracked once and I took it in and they gave me a brand new one. Not saying they will in this case but you'll never know.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

i second chrisgonzales90, just take it to a apple store, theres not much you can do on your own.