2Qs about upgrading to SSD and Rams for UMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msslife, Nov 3, 2009.

1. msslife macrumors member

Hello guys.

I just bought my new UMBP 13inch 2.26 :) after years using my legendary MBP 2.4 ^^

I am looking forward to upgrade my new mac.

I want o upgrade my HD and move to SSD.

But I am kinda confused among SSD models!

I am going to buy a 128g or 160g SSD.

But I don't know which model is the best.

I saw the 128g model extreme intel which cost more 600$ its very high for my budget.

My budget around 300 to 400$

So can you please put me all the best preferred models here? cosair? intel?samsung? ozc?

And later own I will upgrade the rams from 2G to 8G.

But which memories is the best? Hitachi?Corsair? and please from where to buy them online.

Hope guys you provide me links and where is the best cheapest (not ebay) online site to buy SSD and Rams.

Sorry if the Q is repeated I read all the posts about SSD with UMBP was old thread tho for 64G.

Thanks

2. msslife thread starter macrumors member

Hope to hear from u soon guys

3. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

When the Intel X25 G2's come down back to their normal price you'll be able to buy the 160gb model for around $450. Intel SSD's are the best of the best. I have one and it's ridiculously fast.

OCZ Vertex is pretty good.

4. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

The OCZ Vertex (and Agility) and the Intel G2 are basically on the same level - one is a little better here and the other a little better there.
    Just depends what size you prefer OCZ(30GB/60GB/120GB/250GB) or Intel(80GB/160GB) and how much you want to spend on your SSD.

5. msslife thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying.

Can you please tell me how about Corsair?I am a big fan of Corsair but i did not try corsair with mac.

I was thinking to but 8g rams and SSD 128G from Corsair but since no one talking about it in Mac rumors I think I am gonna think again.

So what do u think?

6. ProfDrSilver macrumors newbie

Corsair makes awesome SSD's and Memory. It's just that they are not up there with Intel and/or OCZ... Look up some online SSD reviews and you'll see Intel/Vertex/Patriot/ and so on..

7. bwk macrumors newbie

i may be wrong here but i was under the impression if you start with 2gb ram, you will only be able to upgrade to 4gb??

8. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

You might not need 8 gigs of ram. Would save yourself the money and get 4. With the money you save get a better SSd. This way you will have the day to day performance.