Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Sorry, should have been more clear. Nothing for regular consumers at the 2.5" or blade form factor.

FusionIO and others like them have had larger capacity for obscene prices for a while.

And the 8TB spinner won't be at an obscene price?

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2010
Is the ADATA 2tb SSD still on track for a Q4 2014 release date. There has been no update that I can seem to find.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I know folks complain about Seagate's reliability. However, over the years, after both Conner and Quantum (I've been around a long time), went out of business, I chose Seagate as my drive supplier. I currently have 2 SSDs (both Samsung) and 6 HDDs. The six HDDs are made up of one WD Black (OEM in my Mac Pro) one Seagate Hybrid, and 4 Barracuda HDDs. Since I've been using Seagate, I've only has one fail on me, and it was an older drive.

Lou

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Seagates... I'll pass.

^^^^I know folks complain about Seagate's reliability. However, over the years, after both Conner and Quantum (I've been around a long time), went out of business, I chose Seagate as my drive supplier. I currently have 2 SSDs (both Samsung) and 6 HDDs. The six HDDs are made up of one WD Black (OEM in my Mac Pro) one Seagate Hybrid, and 4 Barracuda HDDs. Since I've been using Seagate, I've only has one fail on me, and it was an older drive.

Lou

This is an interesting read... and probably worth more than any personal anecdote I could offer about all drive the brands I've owned having issues...

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-update-september-2014/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.