2TB Time Capsual Slow Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by seancaulfield, Nov 15, 2014.

1. seancaulfield macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Long time advise searcher but first time posting, i have to say this forum has been like a bible for me sometimes thanks heaps for all the help but now i have searched and searched to try and find an answer for this but i can't seem to find an answer matching the same problem i am having..

I am a photographer and i went a did a wedding last night, i use a 2tb time capsule to store my images on while i am editing with my partner so we don't have to worry about doing the same thing. Its just in a Data folder on the drive, we access it wirelessly and its been really good until recently when its started to go almost un usably slow. We alway use it over wifi and its been ok, today it has taken about 11 hours to transfer 120gb its horribly slow i think some thing has changed..

I did try and make it set up for access wirelessly so that we could access the drive from the studio over the net if we needed it but i couldn't get it to work so i think i restored the settings correctly but maybe some thing is wrong..

any help would be really helpful its very frustrating!!

Thanks Sean

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would begin by doing a factory reset of the Time Capsule. You will not lose any data on the drive. Did you test this using Ethernet as well? Are you using disk accounts?

3. Harriflex macrumors newbie

Time Capsule very slow, should I disable my Wifi Router?

I have a Home Network i.e.: a Broadband Wifi Router. I run an IMac with Yosemite, now also a new MacBook Pro. I have just setup a new Apple TimeCapsule which was fairly straightforward, using an Ethernet cable direct into the WiFi Router, although very slow Backing up.

My son advises me that I may have a conflict, as there now would be 2 WiFi streams running. Is this something that Apple should have advised in the initial set-up procedure?

My question is therefore, should the WiFi Router be disabled as the TimeCapsule is running WiFi the two computers?

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

2TB Time Capsual Slow Please Help

Ideally, your wireless environment should be as clean as possible. However, if the slowness carries over to when using it over Gigabit Ethernet, it is not a wireless issue. Your son is right though that wireless performance is greatly dependant on other interference.

Do you have a spare external hard drive? You may want to do a total archive of the Time Capsule and then bring it into an Apple Store for repair or replacement.