2TB Time Capsules $249.99 at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by drewfus, Jul 27, 2010.

1. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

So, I'd been planning on getting a 2TB Time Capsule to replace my old 1TB one, but kept putting it off. I was at Best Buy today and happened to walk over by the Mac section, and saw a sign saying that the 2TB Time Capsule was only $249.99. Needless to say, I bit the bullet.

When I got up to the register, one of the girls rang me up, and the guy next to her was sort of in awe at how much the discount was, so it seems like this was pretty brand new. I asked them if this was happening in all Best Buy stores, and they said that they believed that this was the case. Oddly, only the 2TB ones were discounted, and not the 1TB. So this made the 2TB about $85 cheaper than the 1TB, since at Best Buy, the 1TB sells for $334.00

so...if you're in the market for a TC, go check out your nearest (Apple-selling) Best Buy! You might get lucky!

Attached Files:

2. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Definitely going to check that out soon.Thanks for the heads up!

3. TylerL macrumors regular

My wife just happened to be in the Schaumburg area yesterday and picked one up at the same store. The guys there were surprised their little sale made it to the MacRumors forum.

For the record, the serial number's date was --933*, putting the stock at a year old. Still, it was exactly what we needed at a price we liked! Thanks for the tip!

4. mpaquette macrumors regular

Hmmm, I wonder if this is only at 1 particular store or company wide. I really hate going anywhere near Best Buy, but for this deal I would make an exception.

5. drewfus thread starter macrumors 6502

drewfus

No prob guys. I usually try and avoid buying electronics, particularly Apple stuff, from BB, but when I saw that, I had to do it. Irrespective of whether it's being EOL'd or something...it's too good a price to pass up. It'll do everything I need it to do.

Glad some others were able to take advantage!

6. circularforward macrumors 6502

I stopped by my local BB in mountain view. They didn't even have any time capsules, let alone the deal. =(

7. Gaspy1909 Guest

No Deal in Birmingham, AL

Stopped by the BestBuy in Birmingham, AL a couple of hours ago. No deal.

Seems it is not nationwide.

8. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar