iPad mini 2th Gen iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 6825924, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 6825924 Suspended

Hi

Another newbie question
    I'm looking to buy an iPad mini, though I do not really need it at the moment, so should I wait until the next model? What are the chances it will come in april?

If I get a mini now, will I regret it when the new one comes out in a month? I mean I could live with it if the new mini would have new small features but what are the odds that it will have a retina display?
    If it does, does that mean there will be a price raise? (I'm attracted to the mini because of its current pricing.)

Thanks a lot

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I don't know when they will release it, but I hope they don't call it the 2th generation.

3. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

rabidz7

Most likely the release will be in september-october.

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

5. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

Lol sorry indeed, my bad
    Thanks for letting me know :)

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I would be extremely surprised if it came out in April. They would have to be making them right now in March in the millions. There are no leaked reports of manufacturing. It is also out of pattern for Apple, although one could easily argue there is no release pattern for iPads!

7. simply stunning macrumors regular

I would say you are safe on buying a mini now. I do think the iPad will be updated before the fall though. Once they do release a new iPad, I will plan on buying a mini used for my wife. I figure I can get a good deal on one when everyone one who bought one sells it to buy the new iPad. I'm hoping it is in the next two months, but if not I/she can wait.

8. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Honestly, i dont think apple would release anything first half of 2013 to mess with the ongoing sales of Ipad mini. I still can't get a 16gb wifi in my local store.

Although, you might just regret buying it for other reason. Like the screen or overall usability of the device. That is subjective though.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I don't see Apple releasing one next month.

10. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

The "tooth" gen - I'd guess a June release date

11. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Wait for the new one since you mentioned that you don't really need it...