2Wire Wifi drops out often

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paperplanepilot, Apr 20, 2008.

1. paperplanepilot macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook Pro but am having problems with my 2wire ATT Wifi at home. The wifi drops out and the MCPro goes searching for the signal every few minutes. I have an Ibook and 2 other Powerbooks in the house and none of them have this problem!. The other day I had my MC Pro at another location and the Wifi did not drop out at all.... Anyone know what's happening? and how to fix this. Thanks

2. Mott macrumors newbie

Update the firmware on the 2wire unit. Hopefully this should help. If not you'll have to check the 2wire settings then.

3. paperplanepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the firmware and it was current. I restarted 2wire and thought it had fixed the problem but it dropped out again What could cause the connection to drop when it has very strong signal?

4. Soma 115 macrumors regular

I have this same problem...but on my Mac Mini.
    I was wondering how i would go about updating the firmware... could i find it on the 2wire site?

Thanks

Dillon

5. paperplanepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

Dillon

To reset your firmware go to gateway.2wire.net; you may need to enter your password which is on your 2wire box. You user profile should appear. You can then tell which version you have, update it, or restart it. If there is another way I am not aware someone please tell me.

6. Wingscofounder macrumors member

Hi,
    Do you have istumbler installed? I believe that it caused wifi glitches for me on a MBP santa rosa running Leopard 10.5.2. As soon as I deleted it, my wifi troubles disappeared. Perhaps other wifi searching/monitoring software might cause this too.
    Hope that helps.
    W

7. Vidnez macrumors newbie

Hi.

I had the exact problem a couple days ago, until I instaled the latest software update (10.5.2) that include an AirPort update and it solved the problem.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The 2-wire router is not friendly with any Mac. If you have one, then get a REAL router.

The issue I encountered with that POS was it would work fine when my MB would have the MagSafe plugged in. As soon as I unplugged it, my network would drop. Strange? Yes. So I basically had a laptop that could only stay on my desk at home.

Got an AEBS and everything works fine now.