2wire wireless router for ATT DSL question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by iOrlando, Sep 1, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Overnight, my 2wire router seemed to lose power...

at midnight..i was using it fine..went to bed...and then when i woke up...the router had no power...even though it had been plugged in...

anyone ever heard of this happening with a router? Is there a problem with the power cord? any way of telling?

2. Levine1 macrumors newbie

att 2wire router problem

I had similar problem: red power light went on, and then no power. In my case, it was the power cord. I got a new one from amazon.

3. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

The power cord is a known issue on 2wire's. If you have a psp in the house, the cord from that should be compatible and you can use it to fill in until you get another one. I found a psp supply cheaper than a 2wire power supply, so I just continued to use the psp cord. 3 months, no issues. btw-att support clued me in to using the psp cord.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

could it be that something is tripping the modem? I know that in my house whenever the washing machine comes on it creates a small brown out and the modem will reset itself (very annoying mind you). this modem is very touchy..