2x500GB SSDs in Mid-2011 iMac Possible?

lordking65

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
San Diego, California, USA
Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible for me to get 2 500GB SSDs in my mid-2011 iMac and make a RAID out of them? I was planning to replace my 1TB HDD. (I wish I could find one of those Crucial M500 960GB SSD somewhere...)

I've been doing some research and I think my iMac is able of having two drives in it. Apples says there is only one connector, youtube says there are two connecters. If it does and if it's possible, can I use like a bracket that can have 2x2.5" to 3.5"?

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible for me to get 2 500GB SSDs in my mid-2011 iMac and make a RAID out of them? I was planning to replace my 1TB HDD. (I wish I could find one of those Crucial M500 960GB SSD somewhere...)

I've been doing some research and I think my iMac is able of having two drives in it. Apples says there is only one connector, youtube says there are two connecters. If it does and if it's possible, can I use like a bracket that can have 2x2.5" to 3.5"?
It's available, but for some reason people ignore the MSRP of $599 and value it the $399 of the 480GB times two.

Try Crucial.com, they should have them in stock for $599.