2xAV for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Capt Crunch, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Right now my wife has a PC laptop that she uses to listen to her med school lectures. She has Firefox with a wmv extension that allows her to speed the lectures up while keeping the tone of the voice. I'm pretty sure it's called 2xAV. I want to give her my macbook, but it will be useless if she cannot have a 2xAV feature. Flip4Mac doesn't have 2xAV.

Does anyone know how to do this on a Mac? Is it possible? Will I have to resort to loading windows on the Macbook? Will VMFusion or Parallels work well?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Download the files (save as if it's in browser window)
    Open in quicktime.
    Quicktime can speed up the file (under AV control) and change pitch.
    Not sure whether you need quicktime pro or not.

More info:
    http://forums.macworld.com/message/469288

3. usaeadp macrumors newbie

Mediasite?

Quicktime only works if the class is not streamed. The med school I'm at uses a program named mediasite that will not allow you to save in the above mention manner. I have to use VMware (I have used both this and parallels and I feel that fusion is a better program) this will allow your to use 2xav or the built in controls of wmp.

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Just wondering if there has been any progress with this? My med school only allows streaming content, and 2xAV's solution is to use parallels. Well, that would be the only reason I need to use XP/Vista so I don't think it is worth going through all that trouble. I just don't like having to go back to school to re-watch lectures. If anyone knows of anything that would be great!

5. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

6. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Is this an option for watching streaming video content? It seems like it is for digital audio recording and editing.

7. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

No.