Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
With 3.0 my 3GS had no gps problems. It was always accurate. 3.0.1 screwed it all up. My gps is off by miles sometimes A's the radius of the blue circle is very large. Any help or ideas for fixing my problem?

btiPhone

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
3.0.1 GPS Problem

I ran into the same thing. GPS was working great with Navigon turn by turn.... then after 3.0.1, no dice - could barely get a lock and if it did it was intermittent.... restarted, still didn't work... I restored to factory state with 3.0.1 and still had the same issues - GPS was intermittent at best and would not track properly. I went back and restored to 3.0 instead and all seems to be well again....(if on windows, hold shift while you click on restore in Itunes, it'll ask for a location of your back-up ipsw file... just google for ipsw 3.0 for your model of the iphone.... I have a 3G 16GB.).

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I ran into the same thing. GPS was working great with Navigon turn by turn.... then after 3.0.1, no dice - could barely get a lock and if it did it was intermittent.... restarted, still didn't work... I restored to factory state with 3.0.1 and still had the same issues - GPS was intermittent at best and would not track properly. I went back and restored to 3.0 instead and all seems to be well again....(if on windows, hold shift while you click on restore in Itunes, it'll ask for a location of your back-up ipsw file... just google for ipsw 3.0 for your model of the iphone.... I have a 3G 16GB.).

Did you try what was suggested in my post above, because that would've reset your network settings, which is what may have fixed it from your restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.