3.0.1 GPS problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gforce216, Aug 15, 2009.

1. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

With 3.0 my 3GS had no gps problems. It was always accurate. 3.0.1 screwed it all up. My gps is off by miles sometimes A's the radius of the blue circle is very large. Any help or ideas for fixing my problem?

2. btiPhone macrumors newbie

3.0.1 GPS Problem

I ran into the same thing. GPS was working great with Navigon turn by turn.... then after 3.0.1, no dice - could barely get a lock and if it did it was intermittent.... restarted, still didn't work... I restored to factory state with 3.0.1 and still had the same issues - GPS was intermittent at best and would not track properly. I went back and restored to 3.0 instead and all seems to be well again....(if on windows, hold shift while you click on restore in Itunes, it'll ask for a location of your back-up ipsw file... just google for ipsw 3.0 for your model of the iphone.... I have a 3G 16GB.).

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Did you try what was suggested in my post above, because that would've reset your network settings, which is what may have fixed it from your restore.