3.0 accessory mode ipod help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rglatter, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rglatter macrumors regular

Hey everyone,
    I have an ipod intergration kit in my car that was made for the ipod but has worked on the past 2.x versions with the iphone. I have been saying no at the airplane mode question and then holding the home button for 7 -10 seconds, this then lets me use the iphone normaly, and the big thing, use the ipod app normaly and play music through the car stereo.

Now with 3.0 after I say no to the airplane mode the phone comes up normaly and can move around like normal, but the ipod app says accessory connected. Is there any way I can bypass this or work around it?

Also has anyone else noticed anything like this with the ipod app? or is it just the accessory that I am using?

2. WolverineGuy macrumors member

Other than to upgrade your kit, I don't think so. I have an older kit that doesn't charge the iphone 3g, so I have that big "This accessory does not blah blah" background as opposed to album art. Kind of annoying, but I don't want to pay 200 bucks to get the newer kit.

3. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I have the same issue with 3.0 now. I used to be able to hold my home button down and override the iPod on the iPhone. Now it will only allow me to play playlists I create, I can't override it. If I find a solution I'll definitely post it!

4. rglatter thread starter macrumors regular

I have contacted the manufactuer, and they are aware of this issue, for refrence this is a DICE ipod unit. The tech told me he would email me later this week or early next week. So hopefully they will.

5. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Feel free to email me directly too, if you find out. This is driving me and a few friends insane.