3.0 and Exchange enhancements

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Mar 19, 2009.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

They have added some nice features for exchange including

1) Ability to search the Exchange directory through contacts, located under groups.

2) Ability to turn off specific folders that you wanted pushed, a major issue for me considering I have a lot of folders...

I have been using for the past 24 hours and have not noticed any major issues.

I am working in a exchange app if anyone is interested in Beta testing

2. doubletap macrumors regular

1) I've always been able to search the directory when an exchange account has been setup.

2) That's pretty cool, if the subfolders get pushed mail like the inbox. As it is, if I want to see/check for new mail in a subfolder I have to enter it.

DT

3. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Re the search

Agree on the abilty to search , but the placement is a lot better and is actually faster IMO

4. dmn8 macrumors member

Awesome

A huge piece for me is the ability to now invite people (Attendees) to meetings from the device. That wasn't there in 2.2 and is now in 3.0.

5. dvdlovr24 macrumors 6502

Exchange was bogging down my keyboard with 3.0. After I took it off everything went back to normal. Is anyone else having an issue with this?

6. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Yeah? That is a killer feature! I can't believe they allowed us to accept invites, but not send them.

I think they should add invites to the personal or mobileme calendar as well.

7. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

How to you load?

Did you restore form backup ? If so restore as a new phone then add exchange. Also clean out you exchange inbox and then sync..

If you did a clean build , then delete the exchange account and re-add. I am not having any issues in fact the mail continues to come in faster then on my Bold, they are side by side

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

For me, that is definitely a killer feature - it's always been the one thing that WinMo phones had over exchange sync on other phones (including iPhones and Symbian which don't support it either).

9. pavvento macrumors 6502

Yay! Finally!! Is there anyway to reserve a room/resources, or only people. also, can you view someone else's calendar before inviting them?

10. haddman macrumors regular

Any support for S/MIME encrypted messages, PKI certificates and CAC cards yet?

11. pavvento macrumors 6502

I saw a similar thread so I figured I'd bump this since it has more info.

12. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

Great news!!

Any ability to mark events as private yet?

13. VibrantGravy macrumors newbie

Any sign of email flagging in exchange? Or 'starring' in gmail?

14. dmn8 macrumors member

I don't see the Private attribute (that would be nice) and you can't check availability either...

15. pavvento macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, I guess there's always 4.0 :(