Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
Can anyone using the 3.0 beta tell me if you can now accept meeting invites sent to any email address and add them to your calendar? iCal invites are in the .ics format and when someone sends me one the iPhone doesn't currently recognize it. I know this works on exchange, but I don't work in an exchange office.

thanks

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
the turn off invites has been there since 2.0. it works for exchange, but has no effect on those of us using mobileme or any other email service. when we get invitations, usually in .ics format, they just aren't recognized by iPhone mail. i get meeting requests from iCal on my iPhone all day and i can't even see the details in the emails sent, just a grey box with the .ics attachment. i'm hoping 3.0 corrects that, but no one seems to be taking the time to look into it sadly.

dmn8

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Chicago
I checked this for you - The ics attachment from iCal shows up now as a colored icon (not grayed out) but you still can't do anything with it...

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I was really hoped they would have added that. I hate not having that feature and I use a blackberry during the week because of it. My iPhone has become a weekend phone at best because of lack of features such as this. The wait continues. Maybe it'll get added in OS4.0, lol.

Accepting from any email address is one thing.

Can we even send invites now? It's not even an option in 2.x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.