3.0 Apps not Starting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltn, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ltn macrumors member

So, I downloaded 3.0 two days ago and had no problem with it. I actually like the improvements quite a bit. However, last night I was talking on the phone and playing games and noticed that the battery level never went down. I thought it was weird but thought nothing of it. Today, I was trying to get on maps and find a place but it said there was no internet connection. I turned it off and then back on but found out that it was stuck on the Apple logo screen. I then tried a hard restart and it finally booted up. However, when it did boot up it gave me the low batter warning, but like I said before all today and last night it said I had a full battery. Now when I try to start any downloaded app, it opens for a split second then quits.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do?

Thanks.

2. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I had the battery issue where it showed full but I knew there was no way it could be full. I restarted the phone and it immediately gave me the 20% warning. I posted here about it but others said that was an issue in 2.x also.

I have had a couple of apps that won't open in 3.0, like FlightTrack. A lot of apps are being updated for 3.0 compatibility so hopefully any that you are having trouble with will be updated soon.

3. azsprty macrumors 6502

i had 2 apps not start for me so I deleted them from my phone (3G S) then re downloaded on the phone and they work fine now

4. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Good call. I just removed and re-added FlightTrack and it's working fine now. Thanks for the tip.

5. ltn thread starter macrumors member

The only thing is that none of my downloaded apps work. All of them worked before the entire battery issue. I just think it is werid. I am going to try and restore it and see what happens.