3.0 apps question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redrog, Jun 4, 2009.

1. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Will we see a massive surge in new app versions ahead of the 3.0 release or do most current apps work in 3.0?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe apple was already forcing developers to ensure their applications were already compatible with 3.0 for about a month now.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Yes, all new app store submissions must be 3.0 compatible. I have run across quite a few that just crash and burn (on 3.0 BETA 5) for me however, but that was pre 3.0 requirement.

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I haven't come across an app that isn't 3.0 compatible yet.

5. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Now this is just my personal experience, but I haven't had any trouble with apps running on 3.0 with only one exception (I have 63 apps :eek:). A few were a bit flakey at first and then ceased to have problems, and even more were fine since day 1. The only thing I've had trouble with is the eBay app -- it hasn't allowed me to log in since around the time that either beta 4 or beta 5 was released. I open the app, try to sign in and it continuously looks like it's trying but nothing happens.

It's safe to say that most are already compatible with 3.0 and the few that aren't will either be fixed soon or removed from the store by Apple when the time comes.

6. redrog thread starter macrumors 6502

redrog

Thanks. The reason I asked was I got an update for Wunderadio today labelled 3.0 compatible and wundered whether it was the first of many over the next few days.