3.0 B2 Not working with Parrot CK3100???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abarna21, Apr 2, 2009.

1. abarna21 macrumors regular

HI,
    I just noticed that my 8GB iphone 3G is not working with my car-bluetooth anymore.
    And i was wandering if anybody else has similar problems with their bluetooth.
    I'm on ATT in US
    8GB iphone 3G
    using ATT_US 5.0

2. thellamie macrumors newbie

Re: 3.0 B2 Not working with Parrot CK3100???

I also have a Parrot CK3100 and an iPhone 3G which is running firmware 3.0 Beta 2

After the update I found that handsfree works correctly in that:
    • Radio mutes properly
    • Call answer works
    • Call hang up works
    • Volume works

What I've found that does not work is that contacts are no longer visible:
    • Phonebook shows only voicemail as an option
    • Calls coming in show the phone number rather than a name
    • Recent calls only show a number and no name
    • Missed calls only show a number and no name

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:
    • Deleted iPhone from pairings in Parrot and repaired with no change
    • Deleted CK3100 from iPhone and repaired with no change
    • Deleted iPhone from Parrot, and Parrot from iPhone with no change
    • Attempted to update from Parrot firmware 4.17_C to 4.19 (most recent) over Bluetooth. It goes through "erasing flash" and then once it gets to the update portion the CK3100 reboots and the Update Software just sits on updating. After the Parrot reboots its still on version 4.17_C
    • Attempted turning Bluetooth on and off on iPhone
    • Attempted turning contact synch on and off on iPhone.

At this point I'm not sure what else to do. Perhaps waiting for the next beta or the public release?

3. abarna21 thread starter macrumors regular

Same thing for me + no more voice dial when i press the answer button.
    When i have an incoming phone call and i answer it from the parrot MUTES the phone and the system..

I guess we will have to wait for the final release

4. thellamie macrumors newbie

So if you hit the answer button on the Parrot the callers voice is muted on both the iPhone and the Parrot? I'm not experiencing this. I have found that if I initiate a call from the iPhone with the Parrot connected the phone still defaults to the phone as the audio source as opposed to the CK3100.

5. thellamie macrumors newbie

http://www.parrot.biz/download/HTML_Update_Procedure/CK3x00_Updade_Procedure_%28En%29

OK, I've been able to update the firmware on the CK3100. Using the instructions currently posted on Parrots site don't work correctly. I found an older version of the instructions that worked like a dream. They can be found at: http://www.parrot.biz/download/HTML_Update_Procedure/CK3x00_Updade_Procedure_%28En%29.htm

Basically the difference is the way you add the CK3100 as a bluetooth device. The original instrucions have you pair it the computer first. These instructions have you remove it from the computer and have the update software add it for you. This allowed the update to 4.19C which at the time of this posting is the current version.

This did not fix the problem however with contacts not syncing. I was able to use voice regocnition to dial but only with contacts that the Parrot recognized. The only one it presently sees as they are not syncing is "voicemail" but it did work.

6. sam3020 macrumors 6502

sam3020

same problem with me aswell. The damn parrot kit. Having some issues with my pioneer ipod adapter aswell. Really playing up

7. thellamie macrumors newbie

iPhone 3.0 Beta 2 Not working with Parrot CK3100

When you guys updated your iPhone firmware from 3.0 beta 1 to 3.0 beta 2 did you choose the option to activate as a new phone or upgrade off of one of your existing backups? I had it select a "previously synchronized iPhone" which restored all of my settings, apps, etc.

I've had a few appliations that this has caused issues with. Before I do a full restore as a "new" iPhone has anyone done this with the same issues in this thread? If not I'll do the restore and post the results.

8. dsgallagher macrumors newbie

MKi9200 Parrot device

My MKi9200 Parrot device is also suffering the same problems with my upgraded 3.0 beta 2 3G iphone.
    Have tried all kinds of options but my contacts will no longer sync.

Have also emailed Parrot to find out their take on this.

9. thellamie macrumors newbie

3.0 beta 3 now working... mostly

Well after updating to 3.0 beta 3 my contacts are all working again, and voice dial is too.

I am getting a few contacts which are appearing as telephone numbers only, with no names. I thought that this was because I was synchronizing to an Exchange Server and that perhaps some of the "display as" fields were wrong but this is not the case. A few of them appear everytime I turn on the Parrot and some of them are different each time. I never had this with 2.2.1

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Please change your title then by clicking on edit and then advanced.

11. thellamie macrumors newbie

RE: 3.0 beta 3 now working... mostly

Well after a little more testing I can say it works partially.

Not all contacts are synchronizing. Some are being left off each time the CK3100 syncs with the phone and they are never the same.

Additionally the "calls" list does not work. This feature normally shows placed, missed and recieved calls.

12. thellamie macrumors newbie

UPDATE: RE: 3.0 beta 4 almost fully functional

After updating to iPhone 3G firmware 3.0 beta 4 all contacts are now synchronizing correctly.

Recent calls and favorites are still not available as an option on the Parrot but we're much closer now.