3.0 Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puckjones, Jun 18, 2009.

1. puckjones macrumors newbie

I updated to 3.0 yesterday. Since the upgrade my iPhone has been running very hot and the battery has been draining within an hour. This is during a period of little to no use and with a fully charged battery. Even when I have the screen off, the phone is hot.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what I should do?

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I haven't experienced any problems. Do you have Push (email,contacts,calendar)? Exchange, Mobile Me,etc. I have seen several reports on that happening and it was because of the push service constantly checking/updating. If you do then try removing the accounts and adding them back on. If that doesn't work then try doing a restore and set up as new! Don't restore from backup since most of the times the problem just carries back.

3. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I would try turning the phone off for a few minutes, then when it's cool, turn it back on and see what happens. If it drains still, I'd do a fresh restore of the iPhone OS and see if that helps. It seems as though something has been constantly running on the phone somehow in the background. Not sure how though. Having push enabled shouldn't drain it that much.

4. rhaleuk macrumors member

Mine is doing this too. It's taking AGES to charge, is warmer than usual too.

I've also figured out that the phone is only accepting about 1 in 3 calls.

I have a 2G phone is that helps people build a pattern.

5. michael31986 macrumors 68030

why do people say restoring from back up is bad! wth!