3.0 beta: Cannot connect to Youtube

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dustinl4m3, Mar 17, 2009.

1. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

2. mattssi macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I restored my data from a backup after the beta upgrade, however.

I'm also having issues when going to Settings, General, Network. Clicking on network takes at least 30 seconds before it goes into the sub menu.

Also, sometimes the orientation doesn't work in Safari. I have to close out and go back in in order to change to landscape mode.

Anyway, I'm trying a firmware restore again and see if youtube ends up working.

3. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

4. mattssi macrumors newbie

K, youtube works when I set up as a "new phone". I am going to try another restore from the backup I did right before the restore and see what happens...

5. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

i set mine up as a new phone to avoid problems, it seems to work well. Restore from backup might cause issues, were already dealing with a beta as is you know?

6. mattssi macrumors newbie

7. soupdragon macrumors newbie

YouTube and 3.0

Could someone that restored with 3.0 confirm that setting up the phone as a new phone will allow you to play YouTube. Thanks!

8. mattssi macrumors newbie

Yeah man, new phone works fine.

Doesn't fix the other issues though...
    30 seconds when clicking on "Network"
    No pictures in facebook
    landscape mode in Safari sometimes not working
    SLOOOWWW iTunes synching (ran 6 hours and only synced 500 songs)

9. soupdragon macrumors newbie

YouTube and 3.0. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize Sync took that long. I ran the restore overnight, but did a quick sync this morning and back up was 20+ minutes like the old days. Noticed the facebook issue too as well as some other quirks with other Apps - buttons not responding, etc. My guess is that these are App-specific and will be addressed, but maybe not until the commercial release.

10. davidgoduke macrumors member

Yeah. I'm having the same problems as you guys. I restored my iPhone from backup so I guess that's why I can't connect to YouTube. Also for the record, Ambiance is crashing immediately upon start up. Safari browsing seems MUCH faster for me, SMS can get choppy and unresponsive if you have a lot of texts. And for some of the apps especially Messages, when you press it normally it should fade for a sec and then open up, but now it seems like your not opening the app at all. But overall good build, there are some bugs. I actually do prefer 2.2.1 over this. But I know I can't downgrade:). Also, I have AT&T and MMS does not work at all. I guess that's ATT's fault. :)

11. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Mine was doing this, but after a restore (as a new phone), many things were fixed, including youtube.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68030

You can't downgrade? Some of us have been able to downgrade to 2.2.1, keeping the 3.0 baseband.

13. davidgoduke macrumors member

Yeah I heard about that, but I heard that involves all this crap like getting a 1013 error message and then having to use quickpwn and then everytime you need to restore you'll have to go through that whole process again. I think I'm just fine with 3.0.

14. DmxNemesis macrumors newbie

how do u do the "new phone" set up where do you go?? please i really want youtube to workk thanks

EDIT: Oh and just putting this out there, for 1G phones, perhaps 1G might be able to use stero bluetooth after all, since the voice memos can be played through bluetooth o_O

15. SMoo macrumors newbie

Confirmed.

I restored to 3.0 and restored from a backup and YouTube wouldn't work.

I restored 3.0 again and did a new phone setup (PITA) and YouTube works now...

16. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck