[3.0 Beta] Found new feature by accident thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phrequenc, Mar 19, 2009.

1. phrequenc macrumors newbie

Holding your finger down on a link in safari brings up a option pane to bookmark / copy link / open in new tab

very useful!

Anyone else find random useful things out post em up!

Please I just want this to be a thread where you can name a new feature you mistakenly found! NOT A BASH THREAD

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

This forum is flooded with them.

3. cridiron macrumors member

4. diemos macrumors 6502

open in a new window! that's great, i wanted that for a while now.

5. GCmini macrumors member

GCmini

Ya that was definitely on my I can live with out it l, But it would be pretty cool List.

I am happy with 3.0 overall. Just the laggyness in messaging and the crashing but hey
    thats BETA gotta love it. :D

6. ViPa macrumors 6502a

when you go into the appstore and go to a specific app..the images are now scrollable left and right..not really a feature..but just something new/convenient

7. svndmvn Guest

I know it's a "feature" thread, but I don't know if these are bugs or not, force quitting simply doesn't work anymore on 3.0 for me..
    Somehow, screwing around in bookmarks in Safari, since it effs up the rotation thing, an auto-fill slider came up..

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

When on the homescreen, clicking the home button once will:
    a. take you to the first homescreen if you're not there (I know, old feature)
    b. take you to the new finder if you're on the first homescreen or back to the first if you're on the finder screen.

9. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Cool, clicking home goes back and forth from Spotlight to the first homescreen over and over. Kinda fun.

By the way, clicking home to get to the first homescreen was a suggestion I made to Apple that they liked and implemented. Anyone who likes that, please, thank me directly. And you're welcome :)

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

That is one of the more useful features. Thanks.

11. phrequenc thread starter macrumors newbie

i thought that was pretty nice too. they are already loaded no need to wait for them to load anymore!

12. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Shake to shuffle only works in the iPod app (for obvious reasons, as to not interfere with shake to undo) but if you bring up the iPod controls (double clicking the home button) then you can shake shuffle.

13. CarlyLyon macrumors member

awesome thanks for the tip.... seems to work just fine... finally apple is stepping up

14. CarlyLyon macrumors member

anyone using the mic yet? i find it kinda staticky it might be just my phone any suggestions any comments?

thanks a bunch

15. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Thanks. Since you have so much influence in Apple's feature making process, want to ask them to incorporate flash? :p

16. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

One of my favorites so far! In the iPod app saying you're listening to a song. When you click on the back arrow it takes you to that song location rather then the top of the playlist of the last place where you were scrolling. So if I hit shuffle and a song by mgmt comes on when i hit the back arrow to go the the song listings I will he in the m's rather then the top. So useful. And when you tap on the bottom icons it takes you to the beginning. So if you're in a playlist if you click on playlist it will take you to the listing of all playlist.

And I just realized the bottom bar in safari is semi transparent.

17. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Can you use alias mobile me accounts in mail?

In 2.x there is no feature. You must reply from the principle address making it almost useless for me.

Can someone comment? And if it is not there, then ask apple to put it there.

Please

18. svndmvn Guest

Volume pop up comes up instantly now, I haven't seen this mentioned earlier anywhere, it was more Mac style before, iirc

19. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

20. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

I made a post before, but if you go to Settings>Safari>AutoFill there's a setting for Safari to remember your usernames and passwords.

When you're on a site and log in it'll ask you if you want it to save your login information, and then boom! Autofill!

21. phrequenc thread starter macrumors newbie

cant get this one to work :(

edit: got it to work. i guess i forgot to turn it on in prefs DOH

22. kenkamm macrumors regular

I think it's finally giving us some of what we've been asking for for so long. I got MMS fully functioning. I'm almost in disbelief! :D

23. phrequenc thread starter macrumors newbie

24. roscoapp macrumors newbie

I've enabled this in settings and am still having troubles getting this to work. I cleared all cookies and re-entered all logins and passwords, but it still will not work.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rosco
    iPhone 3Gs 32gb White