3.0 beta testers...heres a page to try out geolocation in safari with google maps!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hefeglass, Jun 5, 2009.

1. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

this page is for the palm pre...but it works great on the iphone if you have os 3.0!

so..this is what safari can do with google maps now that it can use the GPS!

Attached Files:

2. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

if you want the website...ill post it up..

its listed on several sites now

3. jmccray macrumors regular

4. sd2009 macrumors 6502

5. jmccray macrumors regular

6. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm driving to work right now. It would be really cool if it did live gps tracking but it doesn't. It's still really cool. This page was designed for the pre..performs well since it is the same resolution as the iPhone.
    Yes the link is above.

7. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

8. The General macrumors 601

This is awesome for a website, but kinda pointless. I'd rather use the maps app.

9. hefeglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep..its pointles..
    but cool, nonetheless

cant wait till latitude is available and WAVE

no..but once 3.0 is out, there will be many companies coming out with their own turn-by-turn navigation apps. The companies will also provide the maps as well, so you will be able to do this offline. Im guessing there will be many options out there very soon...the first company to release a fully operational GPS app for the iphone will likely by Sygic:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/02/sygic-demos-turnbyturn-gps-iphone-app-with-voice-navigation.html

10. Tunnelrunner macrumors regular

@hefeglass:

Not to split hairs with you, but technically the first full-fledged GPS app with turn by turn and voice features is G-Map East/West.

But I do agree that Sygic (and hopefully Telenav and maybe even TomTom) will be up next.