3.0 CALDAV - gmail shared calendar setup help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foshizzle, Jun 17, 2009.

1. foshizzle macrumors regular

So I can get my personal gmail account's calendar to sync with 3.0, I just put in www.google.com then my username and password and it syncs.

BUT I also have a couple of shared gmail calendars that my family uses to keep up with each other's schedules. I can sync them with iCal without a problem, however, when I go to put the entire URL for the CALDAV shared calendar to sync on my iPhone, it changes the whole URL back to www.google.com.

I'd like to be able to sync my shared calendars on my iphone, anyone have ideas on this?

2. sam011989 macrumors regular

just finish entering it

I did the same thing, and it shortened it to www.google.com for me also. But i just finished entering the username and password to see if it would still work.

As long as the original URL you entered before it was shortened was correct, the appropriate calendar will show up.

3. foshizzle thread starter macrumors regular

great! just tried it as well and it worked. Lazy me could have just tried entering my Uname/passwd and i would have found it out. But, now anyone else wondering about this it works.

thanks

btw - copy/paste makes copying those long google calendar URLs MUCH easier!

4. sam011989 macrumors regular

definately

especially sense i have like 6 calendars each with that long ass URL. i just copied them all into an email on my computer and emailed it to myself, and copied and pasted. MUCH easier.

5. eh270 macrumors regular

I've had great results using the Exchange sync instead of CalDAV since v2.x, and I dont' plan to switch to CalDAV. Add all the calendars you want to subscribe to in your Google Calendar via the web, then once you set it up, you can go to m.google.com/sync on your iPhone and choose which calendars you want pushed to your iPhone.

Not sure why you'd pick CalDAV over the pushed exchange format.

6. sam011989 macrumors regular

i just did that method to try it out.....only thing it did was set up the same CalDav accounts. i guess that's just a shortcut.

7. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

Unfortunately I have exchange at work, and you can only have one activesync account. CalDAV is a blessing for me, works significantly better than what I had previously. If I could do multiple activesync accounts I would probably switch to that though.

I did something similar. I used the Notes function in Mail.app and created a note in an IMAP account, then opened it in the iPhones Mail.app and copy/pasted away. I guess I could have also synced it to get it into notes on the iPhone, but I was at work and didn't have an iPhone/iPod cable with me.