3.0 calendar/email question for newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atljogger, Jul 7, 2009.

1. atljogger macrumors member

Hi - I am looking at taking the iphone plunge. It is important the phone sync with a couple of different calendars and emails. At the minimum I need to pull in data from 3 different sources:

Work email & calendar - Zimbra
    School email (no calendar) - Microsoft Exchange
    Personal email & calendar - Gmail/Google Calendar

I need the two calendars separate from each other, and the three email accounts separate. I would also like separate email accounts for Yahoo and Hotmail; however these 2 are less important. Can the 3.0 sync with all of these and keep them in seperate folders?

Thanks,
    E

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I'm not sure about the calendars, but as for email:

iPhone allows connection to exchange email and gmail can be set up as an IMAP (or POP) connection.

As for Zimbra, I have no idea, but found this on their website: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=IPhone

3. atljogger thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! So sounds like I will be good on email. Correct me if I'm wrong - push will be active for my Exchange and Zimbra email accounts but not Gmail?

To clarify on my calendar question, I need to sync iphone with
    1. Zimbra calendar
    2. Google calendar

I would like to maintain separate calendars in the iphone. For the Google calendar, does that mean push is not available for that either (I have to manually update?)

Thanks.

4. actorkid macrumors 6502

i dont know anything about zimbra

but i do know its very possible to put more than one calendar on the phone. I have my iCal and my google calendar on my phone. You can view them separately OR together...so take your pick

my google calendar pushes changes to my phone. As soon as you open up the calendar app, it will update.