Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I updated to 3.0 last night, ignoring all warnings of not being able to downgrade to the most recent version and there being problems syncing.

Well heres what you need to do to sync your 3.0 ipod touch/iphone without registering.

1. Disconnect from the internet. (disable connection, pull the plug, turn off airport/wifi, whatever you do to make your mac/pc internet-less)

2. Plug in your Touch or iPhone, and open iTunes. iTunes now can't check if your touch or phone is registered or not.

3. Sync your music/videos/podcasts/etc...

Voila!

The only problem I have noticed, is when I open my playlists, they are empty, but if I just go under artist/album the music IS there and ready to entertain me.

Hope this helps.

I did a quick browse through the iphone and ipod touch forums and couldn't see this suggested. Although pretty basic, I hope this will calm some peoples nerves who hadn't thought of it yet.

;)

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
or, if your on a Mac, download Little Snitch and block iTunes. I'm sure there are ways for windows too.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
So I assume that after a while the 3.0 software would finally quit working since iTunes cannot "register it". I'm waiting to install 3.0 till someone either jb it or came up with some anti registration patch/hack/workaround.

So this has been verified to work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.