3.0; designed with 3G S in mind?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abyssgh0st, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Having had every beta for 3.0 on my iPhone 3G, I feel inclined to say that 3.0 was designed more for the 3G S⃣ rather than the 2G or 3G.

I know this is only logical because why would Apple not design the latest and greatest firmware for the latest and greatest hardware, but it seems to me to be the equivalent of putting Snow Leopard on a 10 year old iMac.

3.0 is just generally slow in my opinion, and I don't think it will change much at all with the official release tomorrow.

P.S: I think 3.0 on the 3G S⃣ looks amazing, it is so fast and expedient in everything, I really wish I had one.

2. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

Try installing again. I have 3.0 on an original iPhone and a 3G and it is by far the quickest and most stable OS I've used. In my experience, it feels much quicker and is much more stable than the 2.x I was previously using on my 3G.

3. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I went from 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 2.2 Jailbroken -> 2.2.1 -> 3.0 beta 1

And they have all been slower than 2.2.1 (less stable too) and I have set it up as a "New iPhone" with every beta.

I will do it again tomorrow with the official 3.0 release, and hope for the best.

4. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I've been using each beta as well, and I haven't noticed an increase or decrease in performance. I did notice a lot of bugs in the earlier betas, but the GM has been completely stable for me, and about as fast as 2.x.