3.0 features

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freeme007, Jun 17, 2009.

1. freeme007 macrumors regular

Hi

I just updated the 3.0

1. I see a Voice Memos icon on my ipod touch 2nd gen. How is that Voice Memos going to work on iPod Touch?
    2. The search iPod function is great. It searches everything on your ipod including e-mails, apps, notes, etc.
    3. I notice there's VPN in the network category. NICE!
    4. Notes has landscape keyboard and search function
    5. Appe Store now has: Redeem function
    6. iTunes also comes with: Redeem
    7. Bluetooth: I can't test it since i do not have a headset
    8. Cut, Copy and Paste: shows up after you have selected something and you've to double tap. Also, double tap to deselect.

Let me know if you find other features

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

HERE's all the ones i know about (this list doesn't include the big ones that everyone knows about like copy and paste)

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

itunes allready had reedem. though its nice that the app store has it now.

4. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

oh man, my AtomicFart App doesn't have any sounds after 3.0 LOL

5. semin28 macrumors regular

Shake to shuffle only works when your in music and it has to be on to work wtf.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

you can do it whenever the iPod controls are up so you can do it on the lock screen.

7. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

If you have the double click feature still on default (ipod controls), you can use shake-to-shuffle from the off screen after double click, as long as you're listening to a tune of course. Imo, pressing next is more convenient:D. I guess this is more of a jogging feature when you dont want to look down at the screen.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

You'll have to buy a 3rd party microphone, or at least the Apple headphones with the Microphone on them. I plugged in the headset that came with my Instinct Phone and sure enough it worked. Audio quality is pretty good. You can trim the recording. You can share it. You can rename it. Looks like a well fleshed out app. Once you've started a recording you can pause and then resume. You can also STOP and it will save. Files are named by the time they were created.