3.0 Freezes in sleep mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by apaulct, Jun 25, 2009.

1. apaulct macrumors newbie

More times than not, when I try to wake my 1st gen touch from sleep mode it doesn't respond. I have to do a hard reset to get it back. I am running straight 3.0 and 3 push apps, aim free, textfree, and AP news. I have tried reloading the OS and restoring, still freezes in sleep mode.

Anyone else see this problem, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Allen

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

if restoring doesn't fix it see what apple can do call them and set up an appointment at your local apple store, maybe you will get a new one.

3. apaulct thread starter macrumors newbie

have an appt scheduled for tomorrow morning. just want to see if anyone else is having this problem ... at this point I don't know if it's a hardware or software problem. Seams like it maybe when wifi wakes up to check push (according to apple, every 15 min in sleep mode). Could be something like if it can't find a wifi connection, it hangs. Problem started yesterday when I installed the push enabled apps. Also doesn't happen when on external power and wifi doesn't shutoff.

Thanks for the response.
    -Allen

4. apaulct thread starter macrumors newbie

Talked to an Apple "Genius" about the problem. His only suggestion was to restore as new since I restored from a backup. I assume then I loose all user data and have to reconfigure everything, e-mail, instant message, all rss feeds, etc., etc., etc. He didn't sound confident it would work but give it a try.

Could a restore from backup restore software corruption? I thought it just restored user data and settings, not software. My thinking is, when you do a restore:
    1. the OS is installed.
    2. user data and settings restored is backup is selected, otherwise settings are set to factory default.
    3. apps are installed and music, video, etc is loaded during the first sync.

Before I spend the time, anyone think this may help?

Thanks,
    -Allen