3.0 Gold Master and sending it in for repairs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Timbab, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Timbab macrumors newbie

Okay, here is the deal.

Before 3.0 released, I upgraded my iPod Touch G1 to 3.0 Gold Master (7A341) to try it out, etc, then I bought the final once it released anyway, just to be 'safe'. Then recently my home button broke and now I'm worried of sending it in for repairs, since I can't get rid of Gold Master.

So the question is, is it safe to send it in for repairs with GM on it? Or do they handle it like a Jailbroken iPod/iPhone? If so, is there ANY way to roll back or update to the retail 3.0? I looked everywhere, can't really find what I need.

Thanks in advance.

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I would look for a program for the computer that can put it into DFU mode without needing any button presses on the iPod. Some jailbreak programs are capable of this.

3. belvdr macrumors 603

Just restore the iPod back to defaults. I believe it will reload the OS as well.

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

As far as I know, GM is exactly the same as the for-sale build.

5. shane1975 macrumors newbie

dont panic its all good!

i took my macbook in for repair (needed new psu and top case) it was running snow leopard and as i could not get the thing to charge or turn on I was a little worried.
    I spoke with the genius(very apt name!) and advised him that it was on there and hoped it would not be an issue, he laughed and advised me that under data protection THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LOOK AT ANY SOFTWARE OR DATA ON THE DRIVE/MACHINE! thats rite folks if they tried to do you for running beta software you could sue them for breach of the data protection act lol
    hope this bit of info helps

regards shane

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Being in not only consumer level IT back in the day but also corporate IT I can tell you noone cares whats on your computer/phone/whatever.

Granted there are the exceptions like the geek squad kid who got caught taping a girl in the shower but for the most part noone cares.