3.0 Jailbreak, Memory Consumption and Battery Usage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by B737, Jun 23, 2009.

1. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

On a 16gig 3G, Redsn0w J/B, if found that after a fresh respring my memory will be somewhere in the upper 40's when i check it with sbsettings. Through some casual usage i'll check it, usually not long after, and it will sometimes be in the teens!

Im only have following installed:
    SBSettings (no batt %)
    SSH and its off
    quickdismiss

like most others here, i also suspect my battery is being consumed faster as well.

Im going to stick it out 2-3 more weeks, maybe some of these things will be cleared up. But right now i feel like the return im getting on the j/b is minimal. The battery savings supposed to be enhanced by the quick toggles are being eatin up somewhere else, and im questioning if theres a memory leak.

i was just wondering if anyone else noticed the memory issue along with the battery.

2. FCzenit macrumors member

I did notice that the battery runs out much faster on 3.0 jb. I used to be able to not charge until late at night and now i find myself plugging in around 6-7 o'clock. My guess is that push notifications from AIM are the problem, even though im not getting any IMs the battery is still being drained.

3. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

Even non-JB'd iPhones are having this problem, I think. Try turning off push notifications AND email, I noticed the temperature on mine immediately went down. Trying to test battery life now.