3.0 on unlocked 2g...What do you need to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GetAudiHere, Jun 22, 2009.

1. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

What do I need to do to upgrade to the 3.0 software on my 2g jb/unlocked iphone and keep it jb/unlocked? Thanks

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Bro what u need is to download a couple of files. I have a 2G iphone that was running 2.2.1 and now I'm at 3.0 unlocked/jb using T-mobile as my carrier.

3. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Visit ModMyI.com. They have guides. I upgraded my sisters 2G 2.2.1 to 3.0 no problem.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Or google iClarified tutorials.

They're pretty awesome, step by step instructions and links to all the files you need.

5. stabile007 macrumors member

I used the DevTeam site to unlock mine. Used their tool created a iPhone backup image and then I put my iPhone into the Rescue Mode and held the Alt key (Using a mac) while clicking the restore button which let me select my file I created and after it restores I had an unlocked iPhone 2G running 3.0

6. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

7. jeffmgr macrumors newbie

JB 2g phone

Ok, so I've successfully used reds0w to both jailbreak and unlock my 2 G phone...everything seems to be working great...

my question, so if I now want to use another carrier, how do i go about setting that up? I'm not looking to leave AT&T yet, but if I go out of the country what is the process as well.

thanks.

8. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Incert paper clip ( or the fancy sim ejector tool) slide out tray, insert sik, replace tray. I think that's it.

In order to get Internet working with T-Mobile, you have to change the APN setting to wap.voicestream.com