3.0 OS GM iphone 3g missing push notification options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by specops, Jun 9, 2009.

1. specops macrumors regular

So i installed the 3.0 GM build on my iphone 3g and i don't have the "push" settings. shouldn't i have the option? or does this build not have push? or does apple have to flip a switch first before i can see the settings?

THanks

2. xolan99 macrumors regular

It's been moved to the "Mail & Contacts" settings

3. The General macrumors 601

That's for push mail.

The reason 3.0 GM doesn't have push settings is because you have no push apps installed. And there are no apps in the App Store that use push notifications yet.

4. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I believe that setting will be activated once you have an application that supports PNS. Unfortunately, none will be released until the (official) release of 3.0.

5. specops thread starter macrumors regular

6. kooterkiller macrumors newbie

7. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

When you launch the app, you will be asked to accept push notifications, the you will find that option in settings.

8. kooterkiller macrumors newbie

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Tap Tap is currently like one of the only applications that offer push notifications. If you download and open the application it will ask you if you want to enable push click yes. Then go under settings and you have a notification tab.

EDIT: My bad didnt see it before

10. Humacao macrumors newbie

I contacted Beejive about why they haven't sent out the update yet, they responded telling me that Apple received it last week, so I cannot test the Push with Beejive yet, is anybody using the Aim app, I think I saw the app in the Appstore it says it does have push now, anybody test that out?