3.0 restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trauma62, Apr 19, 2009.

1. trauma62 macrumors 6502

trauma62

Recently signed up to write a app for the iPhone. I have been unable to restore my iPhone to the 3.0 restore package I downloadde after paying 99 dollars for the SDK. Technical support?? they do not even answer my emails. Thanks
    I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong?. Double click on the package , itunes open, press retore , and then back on 2.2.1 WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

hold down option then click restore then select the ipsw that you want to restore to.

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

iTunes won't automatically restore to 3.0 since it's beta, you have to tell it you want to use 3.0 per the instructions above.

Personally, I've had better luck restoring the phone in the Xcode organizer when using beta builds. It's how Apple recommends you update anyway I think.

4. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Hahaha, seriously, this thread highly amused me.

OP, do your research carefully next time :D

I'ld recommend while you are at it, go check out the details on how to get back to 2.2.1 as well. Always good to know aforehand :rolleyes:

5. trauma62 thread starter macrumors 6502

trauma62

Thanks

Thanks to all that provided helpful info. Being a new developer is not easy, for those that were born genius congrats. There is a lot to learn so for those newbies like me , be very thorough reviewing the developers portal and downloading the SDK , before you proceed. Also register he device you planned to try your app on, at the dev portal even before restoring your iPhone with 3.0