Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bitesize

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Hi,

I just joined the developer program, and I was wondering if it is possible to have both 3.0 and 2.2.1 along side each other? i.e. be able to develop for both, and have both versions' simulators usable.

I want to play with 3.0, but still want to develop for 2.2.1.

Thanks.

bitesize

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
and the way around that is to install both SDK's onto your mac, making sure to install the 3.0 SDK to a different directory than the default

If I do that, does Xcode recognize both SDKs? Like can I pick in Xcode which SDK to build under?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I had previously installed all of the SDKs up to 2.2.1 on my machine (all in the default location) and then installed 3.0 Beta2 a week ago, also to the default location. I still have the option of building with all of my old SDK header files and doing so uses the appropriately older version of GCC (4.0) rather than the latest version (4.2) that building with 3.0 uses. I just submitted an update to my app that is built using SDK 2.1 under XCode 3.1.3, and I have heard others have done it this way and have had updates accepted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.