Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Jeez, I'm one of the suckers who bpught the original iphone and have been really excite about 3.0 software, but readung the fine print what the h is this gonna do for us? I think it's only fair we dereve our own thread to discuss this...and WTF with mms not being enabled on our phones? we're talking 90's technology here apple!

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Jeez, I'm one of the suckers who bpught the original iphone and have been really excite about 3.0 software, but readung the fine print what the h is this gonna do for us? I think it's only fair we dereve our own thread to discuss this...and WTF with mms not being enabled on our phones? we're talking 90's technology here apple!

Copy & Paste? Push notifications? Forward texts?

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
If you that upset, I'm sure you'll be able to jailbreak it, and activate that feature really easily. I'm sure a .plist just has to be edited. :p

Yep, that is all! If you think you were a "sucker" for buying the original iPhone, well you'll feel that way again next year, in 2011, again in 2012, again in 2013 - see where I'm going with this?

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Yep, that is all! If you think you were a "sucker" for buying the original iPhone, well you'll feel that way again next year, in 2011, again in 2012, again in 2013 - see where I'm going with this?

figure of speech dude, not angry, just a little shocked that something so basic is being kept out of official firts gen iphone functionality. I always thought this was an att thing, not a hardware thing. Just making a thread to see if there's ways around this. Anyway, most first gen iphone owners havent even gone out of contract yet, with the very first just getting there, you're 2011, 2012, 2013 is more than a little absurd fanboy.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
nevermind, since you are actually a sucker too (saw your mac prod tag) then I guess I know what you mean. It just these are still very basic features, I'm not complaing about some revolutionary feature that we'd be kept out of. It's all in humour, any yes copy and paste is such an amazing addition, just feel like I'm calling bread and water a five star meal. I love my iphone...

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK

MMS will likely be implemented in final release of 3.0. They removed it from the beta (along with tethering) because people were using it and they hadn't reached any official terms with AT&T. Not to mention, those weren't really needed in a developer build.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
MMS will likely be implemented in final release of 3.0. They removed it from the beta (along with tethering) because people were using it and they hadn't reached any official terms with AT&T. Not to mention, those weren't really needed in a developer build.

I think what jamesschmidtke was saying was that it was announced that MMS and Bluetooth stereo would not be supported on the original iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.