3.0 software and First generation iPhone is there anything for us to look forward to?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesschmidtke, Jun 6, 2009.

1. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

Jeez, I'm one of the suckers who bpught the original iphone and have been really excite about 3.0 software, but readung the fine print what the h is this gonna do for us? I think it's only fair we dereve our own thread to discuss this...and WTF with mms not being enabled on our phones? we're talking 90's technology here apple!

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Copy & Paste? Push notifications? Forward texts?

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you that upset, I'm sure you'll be able to jailbreak it, and activate that feature really easily. I'm sure a .plist just has to be edited. :p

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Yep, that is all! If you think you were a "sucker" for buying the original iPhone, well you'll feel that way again next year, in 2011, again in 2012, again in 2013 - see where I'm going with this?

5. jamesschmidtke thread starter macrumors regular

figure of speech dude, not angry, just a little shocked that something so basic is being kept out of official firts gen iphone functionality. I always thought this was an att thing, not a hardware thing. Just making a thread to see if there's ways around this. Anyway, most first gen iphone owners havent even gone out of contract yet, with the very first just getting there, you're 2011, 2012, 2013 is more than a little absurd fanboy.

6. jamesschmidtke thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind, since you are actually a sucker too (saw your mac prod tag) then I guess I know what you mean. It just these are still very basic features, I'm not complaing about some revolutionary feature that we'd be kept out of. It's all in humour, any yes copy and paste is such an amazing addition, just feel like I'm calling bread and water a five star meal. I love my iphone...

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

MMS will likely be implemented in final release of 3.0. They removed it from the beta (along with tethering) because people were using it and they hadn't reached any official terms with AT&T. Not to mention, those weren't really needed in a developer build.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

I think what jamesschmidtke was saying was that it was announced that MMS and Bluetooth stereo would not be supported on the original iPhone.

9. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Don't want to be the sour apple but I'm upgrading =) We've waited two years and this is our anniversary present :p monday Where art thou'