3.0 software question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ineedamac, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I do not have 3.0. I am interested to see if the mail app now let's you sort your inbox? Even if I could sort by sender and attachments rather than date that would be helpful.

2. The General macrumors 601

You can only sort by date. There are no sorting options, and date is the default.

If you need to find emails by a certain sender, sorting is not the way to go, anyway. Search by sender.

3. Tedeks macrumors newbie

Tedeks

At least they said search will be integrated into the mail app. No more going to gmail.com to search through your email....that is nice

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Can I ask a question about 3.0?

Apple mentioned about offering an API that allows third party apps to access the music in iPod.app. Is this just reading ability? or is it writing ability as well? Like, what if you have an App that allows you to connect to your computer at home to browse and download files. How cool would it be if you could accidentally forget to sync a song to your iPhone, then you could download it and import it into the iPod.app to listen to it. The problem right now is, if I download an audio file inside Briefcase or something like that, I can only listen to the file inside that app... that means if I get a text, the music stops playing if I hit reply.

5. The General macrumors 601

Probably just read, no write.