3.0 Stereo Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edtorious, Jun 16, 2009.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

does this mean we can play the itunes thru bluetooth headphones now from our Iphone:confused: What headphones can you recommend?

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

motorola S9 were pretty comfortable, but I still prefer wired headphones (better sound, better fit, etc)

3. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

motorola S9 works on 3.0, using it AOL radio now

5. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

I got my Jaybird JB200s about 6 months ago. The battery life is a little short (2.5-3 hours) and the stereo bluetooth dongle was a nuisance.

But they're so comfortable, I don't even notice them after a while. They're water-resistant, so you can sweat in them with no worries. And the sound is great. A bit pricey ($119.99 on Amazon), but so far, I've been very happy with them.

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

Im fixing to sell my motorola s9 to get the s9 hd

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats the difference??

8. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

9. zulkiflim macrumors regular

zulkiflim

Heya

Once A2DP was turned on i bought Phillips SBH7100.
    It connected seamlessly,but there is no audio.
    No idea why.

Is there any setting i am missing?

10. dave12345 macrumors regular

11. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

I just got the s9-hd and they are nice except that it won't let me skip tracks.

12. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

pretty sure that an apple issue not motorola. Some talk about apple not installing the entire wireless controller profile

13. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

14. iMeat macrumors member

No you dont need the adapter anymore. Seems like there just is not a stand out pair of headphones yet, hopefully someone will release something great soon.

15. Blackforge macrumors 6502

Apple currently seems to have the bluetooth bitrate set too low. I have some Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 (may have the number wrong) that sounded really good on my T-Mobile Dash (after I hacked the bitrate) and my iCombi iPod adapter I bought from Oakley. I just don't think we'll see any standout headsets based on this. It however won't surprise me if Apple releases a bluetooth headset with "better" sound quality and working controls in the future...

16. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

edtorious, did you end up buying the Sony DR-BT140Q?

I am interested in these as well. I've had other non-Bluetooth earclip-style headphones in the past which I loved. Since the earpieces are connected with a wire rather than a hard frame, I can easily stash them in a small purse.

These have a microphone, too.

I want to confirm, though, that these headphones can be charged via USB. (The Sony site says you can, but one of the Amazon user comments says it isn't true.)

Amazon is currently selling these for $71.68.

Attached Files:

17. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I have not bought this one yet, I'm still saving up money for this but I'm planning to buy this. So far I have not found any other brand that I like so till then, this is on my wishlist. ;)

18. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

sure these headphones are pretty slick in their own right, but can you switch songs, stop/start songs, and click over to answer/hang up a phone call? :confused:

19. mymacrumorse macrumors member

Does this one play stereo music on iphone 3GS? I want to get this. Can you please give me some reviews on it.

Thanks

20. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I just received my set yesterday and am in test mode now. So far I love this headset and the sound is the best I have heard on a bluetooth headset. I have 3 that I have used on 3.0.

I am using the iPhone3G w/3.0 and The Plantronics Voyager 855
    Apps tested:
    Pandora...Works perfect in both awake and sleep modes even with iPhone on opposite side of receiver (no body interference).
    ooTunes...Again, works just fine with the iPhone both awake and in sleep mode.
    iPod...Music plays the same as above in both awake and sleep mode but during my initial test using an audio book when it went into sleep mode, it stopped sending signal and would only resume when i woke the iPhone back up. This was frustrating and taking be back to the Jabra set that I had tested which still fails in sleep mode plus body interferes with the signal.

I did an iPhone reboot and that seems to have fixed the situation. I also understand that the 3Gs is using a broadcomm chip for bluetooth now so my test results on the 3G may differ then the 3GS.

Other important notes:
    Comfort is amazing! The in ear canal buds are exactly what i must use and works very very well for me. I cannot use apple buds and even the Bose in ear fall out. This headset stays in my ears and the weight is non existent. For driving purposes the left side is removable with a very stable and looks to be solid connection method. The weight of the left side, if out of ear, does not pull the right side out of your ear. It does have ear piece hook in small and large and the stereo piece also has the hook attached. I do not feel the hook at all as it is not even touching my ear.

Sound is a little tine but changing the iPod equalizer to Bass Boost seems to fix this. The sound is very crisp and clear, the best I have heard in a portable bluetooth stereo headset. Play time is 6 hours with a 3 hour recharge. You will need to order seperately the USB charger as it only comes with a wall charger. It also comes with a handy lanyard that plugs into the charger port and allows you to secure the piece around your neck.

In iPod mode: Pause/Play button on headset DOES pause/play the iPod. The skip fwd/back feature does NOT work as I have found on all 3 sets that I have tested. Making a phone call does fade out the music and then restores when done with the call. Sliding the boom closed does hang up the phone. Hearing the caller has the same crisp, clear sound that playing music has. There is no noise cancellation so you can hear background noise (in my case the TV). Still under further testing and will report back when/if other items of interest are discovered. Unable to test voice activation until I get my 3GS in two weeks.

Other note...This is a $150 headset that I was able to purchase through Amazon.com for only $35 ...AMAZING!

UPDATE....Forgot to review the incoming calls: The device functions normally for receiving calls, you can push the button (very small and hard to locate) or just slide the boom down and the call is answered with music fading out and returning when you hang up by pushing the boom back up. The party on the other end says that the call is clear but sounds like you are on a speaker phone. Wife stated it sounds like you are in a empty living room with no carpet or furniture. She could not hear any background noise though. She said the sound was clear and understandable just that it was like being in an empty room. For me this is great...now people wont talk to me long ;)

21. slapppy macrumors 65816

I guess we need to wait for Forward/Back support. I love the idea, but no track control is a deal breaker for now.

22. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

cool, if only I don't wear hearing aid, I would buy this, i love that other removable earpiece for listening to music on both ears!

23. mymacrumorse macrumors member

Thanks man... Thats just an amazing review and I have ordered it already.... :)

24. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

@SFC
    Thanks for your review. Got a question though, have you tried listening to Pandora for let's say 15-20 mins (or more) and did you encounter any skips on that Plantronics BT headset?