3.0 update = slow back up & sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yizi, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Yizi macrumors regular

Hi,

Since i updated my iPhone 3G to 3.0 i literally can't backup the iPhone, it takes ages, when it gets to around the end it stops and i only have 3GB used. I had a very fast backup experience before.

Any idea whats going on? i can't restore the phone either as i don't have a backup since the phone was updated.

2. macming macrumors newbie

Hi, this isn't particularly helpful, but for your further information I am experiencing the same problem. I have been able to complete a sync, but it took about 40 mins. Never had the problem until 3.0 update.

3. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

my first sync after updating took FOREVER (like 1hr 20mins)... to the extent that I cancelled it the first two times, thinking it had hung.

Eventually left it to run through the backup, and since then, all the syncs have been quick...

4. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

It took me forever. Also i lost my Voice Memos icon so i had to do it all over again. Maybe 45 minutes.

5. StacieKeenan macrumors newbie

3.0 update and slow backup/sync

I have had similar problems, leaving the phone overnight. Finally getting Unknown Error occurred ( 13019 ) and I tried again the next day, it was still backing up after 12 hours, finally the same unknown error. Now under General Settings About/ it states I have 47 applications, but only a few of these icons are on my phone. Wondering if I should reset, or take it to the AT&T store. It is saying I have version 3.0. I tried the second backup/sync with the phone in Airplane mode, in case text messages were disturbing the process.:mad: ... someone mentioned a few months ago deleting the Facebook application... I would try it if I knew how, if anyone thinks that will make a difference.

6. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I've noticed the same thing since upgrading my 1st gen iphone. It takes forever now. :(

7. malolans macrumors member

Some apps could cause the backup to slow down.. I had the espn app and backup took real long.. i removed it and the time taken for backup came down..

8. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I have noticed the same thing. It takes forever.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

10. agiphone macrumors newbie

Mine is in the 12+ hour of trying to update from 2.0 to 3.0!

This is ridiculous. I've removed all music and photos from it. Just a few apps.

Is there any word fro Apple regarding a patch or a workable solution for upgrading?

11. socbrian macrumors regular

Go into itunes, under your library>apps delete all the apps.
    Now right click your iphone and hit transfer purchases
    then backup

that helped me

12. djwazzy macrumors newbie

Do you have ESPN Sportszone installed? I've heard that if you delete that app, backups go considerably faster