3.0 - Where the HELL are my apps?!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Veinticinco, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Just performed software update....

Am I being dense here in missing something here but shouldn't the first rule of a SU be to leave your stuff THE HELL ALONE?!!!

Mac-based iTunes synched is still showing up the storage taken up by my apps, but there's nothing on my iPhone - gone are 5 or 6 pages, now just the 2, home page with the iTunes app shifted to page 2 by the the new voice memo.

WTF?! :mad:

2. ViPa macrumors 6502a

chill dude you just have to resynchronize them

3. chrisparr macrumors regular

Oh dear, I've just started the update :eek:

I'll report back if I get the same.

C

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Check your third page (including spotlight) they should be there, they are for me anyway.

5. sdmac macrumors member

Yep. Mine shifted two pages over. Had to rearrange them but they were all there.

6. Rootus macrumors 6502

Me three. I wasn't super happy about having to rearrange everything to get it back in the right place, but the apps were all still installed.

7. Veinticinco thread starter macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Ha ha ha PHEW!....well thank god for that. I hope that was just a weird rearrangement quirk or someone over at Apple has a sick sense of humour.

You can see them chuckling right now...."just imagine their faces if they see a blank second page, mwahahaha...."

Right I'm off to down a couple of Valium and spend an enjoyable evening rearranging my apps :rolleyes:

8. masterell macrumors regular

9. hellodon macrumors 6502

had to resync all of mine...oddly enough it had all of my factory ones that were on different pages still in place on those different pages...but all of my add on apps were gone and needed resyncing.

Sync and backup before you update! Keep a list of the apps you have on and make sure they are checked in the app sync tap then youre fine

10. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Uh just drag the Address Book that's alone on the second page to the last page and it will remove the empty one.

11. Veinticinco thread starter macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Actually, scratch that...my apps are all in exactly the same configuration!

From despair to joy in the blink of an eye - I just love MR (sometimes :p)

Only deal is I just have to select one app for the chop to be able to shift iTunes back and avoid rearranging a whole page. Methinks one of the now-surplus iTalk/Record apps is getting canned :D

12. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Based on your posts, it sounds as if you might benefit from some Valium prior to update efforts.

13. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

14. Veinticinco thread starter macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Prophylactic valium is a good idea. But hey at least I was calm enough to backup before I started ;)

Actually I'm normally remarkably calm. Just been a long and stressful day here in the 'Old World' and I ignored my normal rule of "lemmings first" when a new update comes out.

That and I'm on a bit of a downer with Apple at the moment after the anaemic MBA 'update' and the SATA-throttling jiggery-pokery going on with the MBP.

15. idesign245 macrumors 6502

I had to go to the App's on my iMac and check for updates through there and then sync again to get them all to show up, Beejive wouldn't sync to my iPhone after I downloaded 3.0 until I updated it (wouldn't show any updates via the App Store on the actual iPhone).

16. celtikmind macrumors 6502

No apps, no contacts, no photos & no music - nothing of my stuff is left and resync didn't work for some dumba$$ reason.

Sorry, but this is the last straw. Apple's on my sh*tlist for now. They used to be dependable but these kind of serious slipups becoming more and more reoccuring, one could just as well use the cheaper alternatives and save the money for something else.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

17. eh270 macrumors regular

Haha, I had the same panic-stricken moment until I realized that the first-page priority given to the Voice Recorder app resulted in that "third page" thing happening.

18. iMosaic macrumors regular

iMosaic

Do you even own an iPhone? All you do is bash Apple in your posts. You must have an gadget dark cloud above your head.