3.0GM Tethering Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Obsidian6, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

Ok I promise I searched and I couldn't find someone with the same issues I'm having.

I upgraded to the 3.0GM when it was released, and I only just thought about doing the IPCC mod to get tethering on my phone. I followed the instructions, got it installed, and my macbook didn't see anything. Suddenly my iPhone does a reboot.

Once it was back up, the carrier settings menu was still there but the tethering menu was gone. I did the carrier settings update again in itunes, and it's back, but I cannot get it to connect to my macbook at all.

I would appreciate the help if possible!

2. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

Ok I now was able to get it to show up on the menu but I still can't get it to connect.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Are you on AT&T? If so, they probably disabled tethering network side.

4. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Nope, still working on AT&T for me. So its not that.

5. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

Yes i'm on AT&T, my phone is not jailbroken or unlocked. It's running 3.0GM ( I did not attempt to install the 3.0 release from today because it's the same file.)

I successfully updated the carrier settings to AT&T 5.0 (up from the 4.0 that came with OS 3.0)

At first it showed the tethering menu, now it's disappeared again. If/when i get it to come back. How do I get it to communicate? Everyone's saying its so easy to do, but I am absolutely unable to get my macbook to pick up the signal with bluetooth OR usb.

6. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

Ok I got the tethering menu back by re-installing the carrier settings update again (3rd time)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. copperz macrumors member

copperz

How do you even get that menu? How do you get the att 5.0??