3.1.2 Batter Meter Problem (update size the issue?) [Please Help!]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ncsmith4, Oct 9, 2009.

1. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

I have iPhone 3GS and updated to 3.1.2 right when it came out, and ever since then my battery meter has been REALLLLLLY flaky. Sometimes it runs down SUPER FAST. Then I do a hard reboot, and it will jump back up.

When the 3.1.2 update came out, MacRumors reported that it was about 240 MB. Some people reported downloads that were over 300 MB. I just looked on my hard drive and my 3.1.2 update file is 321 MB. The update failed the first time forcing me into recovery/restore mode. I have restored my phone 3 times (from backup) and the issue persists. Most recently did a restore and set iPhone up as a new phone. The issue didnt happen all day, but then all of a sudden the battery dropped 30 percent or so, and then the battery meter hung at 51%. After a two hard reboots, the meter showed (what I presume to be actually correct) 73%. So clearly the issue persists, even after a clean restore.

Is anyone else having this problem? What is the difference between the update sizes? Is everyone with the 3GS getting the 321 MB file? Im really at a loss here. I'd like to get a few opinions or evidence before my next call to Apple.

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I recall the 3.1.2 update for my iPhone 3GS was ~321MB while my wife's iPhone 3G 3.1.2 update was ~240MB.

I am not seeing any issues with the battery meter. Maybe you should calibrate it.

S-

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Try restoring and setuping up as new. Use it for the day and see if the
    problem is fixed. If not, erase the restore file from the iTunes folder and download it again. You probably got a faulty file or something went corrupt when it was being downloaded.