3.1.2 Battery Problem solved with cellular network issue bug fix? Report here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stephendoc1984, Oct 8, 2009.

1. stephendoc1984 macrumors member

Posted in the 3.1.2 thread about this. But would be keen to hear peoples reports on improvements in battery time since the update. Obviously this is too early to tell. But if everyone could report their findings here as they use 3.1.2.

Just to summarise, perhaps the erratic battery draining is to do with the phone searching for cellular network coverage. This would certainly explain me having very little battery after a day on one occasion and almost full battery on other occasions with similar usage.

This is just my take on things. Like I said if people could post their findings if/as they find any difference.

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Better life is much better for me, but that's because I actually let the iPhone sleep now. Previously I'd need to turn off auto-sleep to make sure I didn't miss important calls.

The battery life does seem better than with 3.0, too, though.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

You're certainly onto something. I know GPRS and searching for signals will have a dramatic impact on the battery.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

just my guess

if Apple put out firmware 3.1.2 to correct stuff and Battery life was part of the fix then they would report it. along with the other stuff. in other words I think Apple would brag on that. Also again not everybody has battery problems. imo it's a fairly minor update.

This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
    - Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
    - Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming

5. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

if eveyr little bug fix was detailed in apple's change log, it would be too long

6. phonewentwest macrumors regular

it's early but by 3gs battery seems just as
    pathetic as before:(

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Performance seems a lot better, but battery on my 3G is just as bad as before....It actually seems a little worse.. Great :(