Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Hello, not sure if the problem is the Os 3.1.2 and application compatibility but i thought i would make a thread to share issues and problems. I just JB my 3.1.2 and im having an issue with "Notifier", it wont display the icons or notices on the lockscreen like it used to. I set it on the settings page, and it doesn't come up, i stopped regular notifications and nothing. I even installed a so called Widget from Cydia that makes the notices show on the lockscreen but didn't give that a chance because it didn't allow my lockscreen wallpaper to show and displayed a black background. Any idea? help, comments? Thanks

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Notifier works fine for me so far, the only issue I had was the sms icon staying on even though I didn't have any messages. This was easily fixed by deleting the the sms data when I opened the iBlacklist app, so for some reason notifier was reading it off that. Whats the widget app you used called? Also do you did you install both Cydia and Icy at the same time using blackra1n?

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I only installed Cydia, should i do icy as well. The app is called Notifier Widget, thanks for your reply, i will try and reboot or un install and reinstall again. Should i disble the sms alert and preview? Thanks

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Wow i just got into a huge dilema, i tried installing Icy after having Cydia for a while and now all the packages installed under Cydia are gone, i onyl have "iphone software". On the cydia homepage it reads " Cydia does not know what version it is, itself, restore the phone and jailbreak again. Sucks!!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Wow i just got into a huge dilema, i tried installing Icy after having Cydia for a while and now all the packages installed under Cydia are gone, i onyl have "iphone software". On the cydia homepage it reads " Cydia does not know what version it is, itself, restore the phone and jailbreak again. Sucks!!

Hummmm... perhaps when you ask a question, you might want to give it more than 6 or 7 minutes for a reply next time.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Well, hope the restore fixes the notifier problem, also do not install Icy, just keep Cydia to avoid any problems, and install iBlacklist to disable sms messages from popping up as a window, since it looks like that why you installed notifier for? Its why I did, and both notifier and iBlacklist work well together aside from that one problem I already mentioned.

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I replied and then proceeded to do what the previous user had asked, if i had Icy along with Cydia thinking that would allow things to flow better. When i did install Icy and realized that it messed up Cydia i posted it so it wouldn't happen to anyone else. Stop being so nice and help if you will, notice im not asking multiple question in different post, the second one was just to inform others.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I replied and then proceeded to do what the previous user had asked, if i had Icy along with Cydia thinking that would allow things to flow better. When i did install Icy and realized that it messed up Cydia i posted it so it wouldn't happen to anyone else. Stop being so nice and help if you will, notice im not asking multiple question in different post, the second one was just to inform others.

Yea the poster asked because Cydia and Icy don't play well together and he was likely gonna tell you if you had both, get rid of Icy and give Cydia a chance to work.

As I said, give us a chance, we can often help.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
DH is right though, if you waited for my reply, I would have said to not install Icy, I wanted to know if you had both since problems arise from installing both Cydia and Icy at the same time.

acumarino

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
Problem with Winterboard and SBSetting on 3GS

Unlocked with blackra1n: 2 3GS's, 1 iPod 1st Gen.

got it working on one 3GS, however on 2nd 3GS: SBSettings is a "missing app", only viewable if i ADD it to a Folder in the Categories App. Once its in a folder, i have access to it.

Winterboard loads, gives me full options, shows all apps, "resprings" when closing program, but them goes into Lock mode and nothing changes (icons, themes, wallpaper)

Any ideas? Rebooted, restarted, hard shut down, reinstall app, remove app, reinstall app. Other apps (all purchased on Cydia) install and work (att logo, ringtones, etc..) Just about to rejailbreak maybe, but im afraid to lose any jailbreak.

Also, had this problem with my iPod, but it stated working on its own.

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Well re-jailbreaking didn't help me, I did it three more times and blackrain didn't work all the time so I had go restore and try again having to uninstall iTunes because it kept on opening. It seems that this is having some issues with the blackrain jb. Don't want to point the finger but as stated on iphonebrowser.com blackrain doesn't add a file to support the browser, so I wouldn't doubt some other things aren't there to support full functionality. Not sure, it's kinds weird, on my first blsckra1n jb I was able to access the themese folder via winscp, now I can't, I get an error.

WRXface

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
I'm having problems opening up apps myself but from the apps store, after countless tries to JB 3.1.2, it finally worked but everytime i open an app from the app store it opens and the same second it crashes, apps from cydia work fine

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Ive been looking for that option, can you point me to the direction where i could find it? Thanks

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Thanks, that will make things easier. I'm so caught up with things that I over look the simple ones. Thanks again

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I'm having problems opening up apps myself but from the apps store, after countless tries to JB 3.1.2, it finally worked but everytime i open an app from the app store it opens and the same second it crashes, apps from cydia work fine

same thing happened to me. Restored and re-jailbroke and it worked.

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Little update here, not sure if necessary but for other users who may find it helpful. I'm able to use the notifier app and it's fully functional now, I was able to jb with a custom software from pwnage and now the lockscreen notifications work on the notifier app. Could be that blackra1n is missing something and it could be possibly causing issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.