3.1.2 firmware, and playing iPod music in apps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Collider, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Collider macrumors regular

Forgive me if this issue has been addressed elsewhere; I've googled as best I could but the nature of the issue makes it difficult to pinpoint a specific answer.

I've noticed that, since upgrading my iPod Touch (2nd Generation, 32GB) firmware to 3.1.2, the iPod no longer allows me to play my own music within an application. Previously, it was possible to hit the 'home' button twice in quick succession to bring up the music menu, and from there it was possible to begin playing music again from within the app, even if the app had shut down the music player. Since 3.1.2, this is no longer possible.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this is a standard issue built into the 3.1 firmware, so I'm not asking if there's anything wrong with my iPod, I'm just curious to know if anyone has figured out a workaround or a fix for this particular annoyance, without having to revert back to 3.0 or jailbreaking.

Many thanks for any thoughts / suggestions / insights.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There's no fix or workaround I'm aware of. Sorry.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

This bugs me too. I just hate when you bring up the quick iPod controls to pause a song, and then when you try to bring up the quick controls again it launches the music app instead.

4. Collider thread starter macrumors regular

Awww, nuts. Thanks for letting me know, though. :)

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

there is a way around it. bring up the lock screen then double tap the home button. yes it's kind of an annoyance but it works. also if you have the headphones with build in mic you can use the remote on the headphones to control your music.