3.1.2 JB....but nothing works?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GizmoDVD, Oct 13, 2009.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

I have a previous 3.0 JBed phone and after doing so to the 3.1.2 version none of the cool features work anymore. 5 Line dock, Notifications etc. What am I doing wrong? I installed Cyidi and Icy...

2. The General macrumors 601

did you ... install 5 Line dock, Notifications etc? :rolleyes:

3. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Five Icon Dock, Notifier, Winterboard, SBSettings etc.

4. The General macrumors 601

I know. Did you install them after you upgraded to 3.1.2? They got deleted when you restored.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

They all work for me.

6. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

I updated to 3.1.2. Jailbroke. Installed Cydia, Icy etc. and then redownloaded everything through Cydia. Nothing seems to work. I can download stuff from Cydia and Installous, but that seems to be it. For instance, in Winterboard I told it to hide icons but it won't. It shows them as hidden in the App itself, but not on my iPhone. I tried rebooting etc. and nothing. I also can't delete apps anymore by touching them (making them shake) no X appears on non-Apple apps (like Winterboard, Cydia etc.).

7. Bakakage macrumors 6502

You really should of just stuck to Cydia and never installed Icy with it. Ive seen post in the few days with people having problems by having Cydia, Rock and Icy coexist together. A restore seems like the best option here, with the many problems you have.

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Not necessarily. When I did the Blackra1n some of the old jailbreak (3.0) still lingered. Hidden icons, and various settings were the same as I had them in 3.0.

9. The General macrumors 601

settings that get backed up with itunes, yes. but not programs. no programs like winterboard, mobilesubstrate, or five icon dock will ever be restored by itunes.

10. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Did a restore and installed Cydia only and everything works. Phew. Thanks guys!