3.1.2 or 4.0?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shwonx, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Shwonx macrumors member

Been out of the loop for a while so I really don't know what to do. I'm anning on restoring my phone and re jbing and fully themeing it out. Not sure if I should use 4.0 or 3.1.2. Obviously soon enough all support will be on 4.x but is it worth upgrading yet? Can I fully theme (moded teknologik) on it?

Thanks

Ps. Sorry for spelling or grammar. Gotta love this iPhone keyboard

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Listing which phone(model) you have would help? I have 4.01 on a 3G with a few speed/ memory tweaks, a full theme(Kryptonite) and vWallpaper. I like using the app switcher/ Multitasking, unified Mail, and Folders are much easier to use than the one created with Categories. I doesn't cost anything but some time. Try it, and if you don't like it, you can downgrade back to the previous OS.

3. Shwonx thread starter macrumors member

4. Gavbo macrumors member

My 3gs is still on 3.1.2 Havn't found any real needs to upgrade yet. The only thing I would like to try is a hacked version of imovie which only support ios4, Backrounder is handling mulitasking very nicely. Folders would be nice but not a deal breaker. I feel ... If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but that's just me.

5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I just upgraded my 3GS to 4.0 and have been very pleased. All my apps from Cydia are compatible except for Battery Monitor. I wanted to have native alarms for a calendar app I use, Pocketinformant. I haven't noticed any difference in battery life as some have reported. It's the future of the iPhone - I say go for it.