3.1.2 SHSH Help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Logiick, May 25, 2011.

1. Logiick macrumors newbie

In failing to jailbreak/unlock a 3GS with 3.1.2 with Blackrain, the phone got locked in recovery mode, and the only way it's gettin' out is by restoring it. I don't have the SHSHs saved, but I have Tinyumbrella which can save them for me. But, when I try to get it to find/save them, it finds 4.3.3 and nothing else. Which leads me to logically assume that it will save the SHSHs of only the most recent firmware.

Can Tinyumbrella(Or any program for that matter) only save the most recent firmware SHSH, regardless of the fact that I still have 3.1.2 on my 3GS?
    Or is it because it's in recovery mode it can't?
    Any way to get them?

I really, REALLY don't want to have to update unless it is for sure my only option. Unless the 'update' is referring to simply updating to a slightly higher firmware to jailbreak. (However, I believe that would be impossible due to Apple's retardation with SHSHs, yes?)

Any help or advice would be great. I've never had a problem like this before.
    Pretty sure it's a new bootrom, but even then I've been able to get other NBRs to jailbreak/unlock no problem, and even on iOS4.

YSOBROKEAPPAL?!

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

You're about a year too late to request a 3.1.2 signature hash. Apple isn't signing them anymore and there isn't a program out there that could help you or mimic it.

Luckily, 4.3.3 is easily jailbreakable and works just fine on the 3gs. I just jailbroke my brother's 3GS on 4.3.3 the other day. You won't be able to install anything else at this point. You can use pwnagetool to update to 4.3.3 without a baseband update to maintain your unlock.

check out http://blog.iphone-dev.org for more info on how to use pwnage tool to update without a baseband update. Note: do NOT use redsn0w, you need to use pwnage tool to prevent baseband update.

3. Logiick thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I figured. But it's good to know there's still hope. Thanks!