3.1.2 Unlocked (On T-Mobile) MMS Problems.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by XDItsMe, Dec 27, 2009.

1. XDItsMe macrumors newbie

I am currently having problems with using MMS on my iPhone. (Unlocked/Jailbroken with Blacksn0w/Blackra1n)

At first I simply put in the MMS settings for the Cellular Data Network. I was able to successfully SEND, but not receive images.

My second try I used Cydia to install a Legacy Post Paid/Flex Pay Package and put in the MMS settings. I was able to receive but not send. Also this setting also works for Data, which I do not have a plan for so will data be charged?

Anyway I am looking for a way to both send and receive MMS on the iPhone using T-Mobile.

2. XDItsMe thread starter macrumors newbie

Could anyone help? This is a real pain in the neck.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you don't have data or data enabled then mms will not work. It uses carrier data to transfer it.
    If you don't have a data plan and use data by accident you will be charged per KB transferred.

4. XDItsMe thread starter macrumors newbie

I have actually successfully been able to send and receive mms on my iPhone before restoration with my current plan so that can't be true. Also I've seen a few of my statements online, no data was used.

5. XDItsMe thread starter macrumors newbie

I have actually successfully been able to send and receive mms on my iPhone before restoration with my current plan so that can't be true. Also I've seen a few of my statements online, no data was used.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is true.
    I dont know what you did or claim you had but if data is blocked no MMS will go in or out. Thats a fact.
    I dont think it will count as data on your bill most likelly as an mms if you havent used any other data.

7. number87 macrumors newbie

hey X do you have the unlimited plan for 50 a month? also, when you unlocked your phone and started using tmobile, was it as easy as putting the in the tmobile simcard and bam you have service?

8. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

As soon as you unlock it and insert the T-mobile SIM, there is cellphone service and SMS. However, MMS requires additional work.

9. XDItsMe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea the phone service and SMS work flawlessly but for the MMS (on my iPhone 3g prior to this one I went into cydia and installed something for MMS. It was NOT legacy though.)

10. Bruce291 macrumors newbie

T-mobile just change setting.

T-mobile just change there setting MMS

Cellular Data

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:

MMS

APN: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:

They stop using voicestream.com
    Bruce291:)

11. sk8rgurl macrumors newbie

My current settings (voicestream) is working sporadically. Sends some and won't send some, receives some and won't receive some. I am wondering if I should switch to a new setting. I am hesitant to, because I just got it working recently on 3.1.2 via Legacy. :confused: