Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I have an jailbreak-ed iPhone 3GS version:3.1.2

Iam thinking, should I upgrade to later versions or should I keep me on 3.1.2

What is the reason that keeps me on 3.1.2 and why should I upgrade? if there is any reasons =)

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
You should move this question to the hacks section =)

Nevertheless, download TinyUmbrella and check, which firmware versions Cydia has stored your SHSH blobs for. I'd recommend trying to go to 4.3.3 and if that doesn't fit the bill you can always try 4.2 or some other version for which Cydia has stored your SHSH blobs. Keep in mind that updating to anything else but 4.3.3 will require editing your HOSTS-file (TinyUmbreall will assist you with that :p )

If you need to maintain your baseband you use PwnageTool on OS X or Sn0wbreeze on Windows. If unlock isn't required you use redsn0w. iclarified.com has all the guides you need

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
True, but I dont think I can move it, so I hope some awesome admin can move it for me

I have SHSH from 3.1 to 4.3.3

But, why should I upgrade?

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I have read about it, just want to hear what people thinks about it and maybe they see it in a different way then I do

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Only you can answer why you're on 3.x but for me fast app switching alone is enough to be on 4.x.

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Because it's stable for me and I got everything I want on it

Regarding the fast swaping programs, can you with help from Cydia choose what programs I want to save so I can fast switch between them so I don't need to empty it when you hold down the home button, can't remember what it's called

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Because it's stable for me and I got everything I want on it

Regarding the fast swaping programs, can you with help from Cydia choose what programs I want to save so I can fast switch between them so I don't need to empty it when you hold down the home button, can't remember what it's called

You might be thinking of a combination of SwitcherPlus and RemoveBG, this will allow you to exempt apps from the multitasking dock

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
awesome, thank you! will try to upgrade my iPhone to 4.3 and see how it's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.