3.1/3.1.1 iPod Touch can't play ANY APPS!!! please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iSpartan745, Sep 12, 2009.

1. iSpartan745 macrumors newbie

Ok,

Recently I got a 64GB iPod Touch and after installing some apps (done this twice already w/ no problems) Not a single app works. It'll open and then bring me back to the app page. I've tried resetting it, hard restore, and even resyncing the apps. NOTHING WORKS!!! Should I try restoring it as a new iPod or what else can I do? I'll try one more thing (cuz that's the time that I'll have to do it) before I go to the local apple store.

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

This can sometimes be an authorization problem and your Touch is not being recognized as linked to the account that the apps were purchased from. Try purchasing a free app from itunes using your Touch via wifi, it will require you to enter your account information to purchase the app it generally fixes the problem.

3. minhsuantsai macrumors newbie

Same problem :(

I have the same problem and by doing what was suggested the problem did not go away. Any other tips?

4. mdo574 macrumors newbie

app fix

ok here is what you do:
    ~make sure ipod is disconnected from computer.(have itunes running)
    ~power off ipod
    ~hold down home button and connect ipod do not let go of home button until you see itunes has discovered ipod in recovery mode in itunes screen.
    ~continue with restore
    ~make sure when asked to restore from backup or restore as new CHOOSE RESTORE AS NEW (very important)
    ~now goto itunes store and sign into account and make sure computer is authorized and download a free app,song or video
    ~sync to ipod
    ~now sync all apps to ipod and all should be just fine
    any issues contact me at: mdo574@yahoo.com

5. minhsuantsai macrumors newbie